Having not added content for a while I think its the right time to start putting together a series of articles centered around my area of expertise, namely Protein Structures.
In this series of articles I will aim to cover some basic essentials about:
- Protein Structures.
- What are they? Why do we need structures? How can we get them and what are some of the most common problems with these structures.
- Protein Structure Database.
- In this we will look at how to get or more structures from the database.
- What useful information is provided by the database? (The code and data repository will be populated as I go through adding content to this).
- Modelling Protein Structures.
- This article will aim to simply for new users steps necessary to model protein structures when no structure is available.
- Protein Structure Analysis.
- By now you should have an understanding of protein structures. With this article I will provide different scripts that you can use to measure different quantities that can be determined from a protein structure e.g. distance between 2 atoms also called bond length, angles, dihedrals, surface area, solvent accessible surface area etc.
- Simulations: Molecular Dynamics and Monte Carlo.
- With this you should be able to carry out higher levels of analysis with these bio molecules.
- Analysis of trajectories from simulations will also be discussed.
At present the above list only serves as a guide for me to provide content around. While some of the content here will overlap with previously written articles it will only be reproduced here to help build a context in the discussion.
Furthermore, these articles are planned for my free time which is few and far between. Don’t wait for these articles to come out. If you have a question, write directly to me or have a discussion with me on IDRACK’s Facebook page.