Do you want to share or reuse the content of this blog? If yes, just get in touch and we will give it to you.
This page updates after every post. In text citations are provided here. However due to licence terms for Wikipedia and Wikicommons related content they will not be included.
This page is intended to hold references from each of the posts published. Notice any discrepancies?
Get in touch @ email@example.com
The lab in your computer
- Feature image: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/newseventsimages?p_image_type=mainnews2012&p_image_id=25299
Protein Structure: Basics of Protein Bioinformatics (Part 2)
- Figure 1: https://socratic.org/questions/differentiate-between-alpha-helix-and-beta-sheet-structure-of-proteins
- Dill, K. A., Ozkan, S. B., Shell, M. S., & Weikl, T. R. (2008). The protein folding problem. Annu. Rev. Biophys., 37, 289-316.
- Dill, K. A., & MacCallum, J. L. (2012). The protein-folding problem, 50 years on. science, 338(6110), 1042-1046.
Basics of Protein Bioinformatics (Part 1)
Distributed Computing: Why?
- Moore’s Law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law#/media/File:Moore%27s_Law_Transistor_Count_1971-2016.png
- ENIAC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIAC
- GPU: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit
- CPU vs GPU (Mythbusters video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P28LKWTzrI
- CPU vs GPU (modified): http://www.nvidia.com/object/what-is-gpu-computing.html
- Heat loss (~Nuclear reactor): https://books.google.co.nz/books?id=ySILAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA357&lpg=PA357#v=onepage&q&f=false
- HPC cluster: https://insidehpc.com/hpc101/intro-to-hpc-whats-a-cluster/
- BOINC: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/
- BOINC projects: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php
- BOINCstats: https://boincstats.com/
- SETI@Home Client chart: https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/sah_papers/cacm.php
- SETI: https://www.seti.org/
- SETI@Home distributed computing:
Korpela, E., Werthimer, D., Anderson, D., Cobb, J., & Lebofsky, M. (2001). SETI@ HOME—massively distributed computing for SETI. Computing in science & engineering,3(1), 78-83.
- Folding@Home: http://folding.stanford.edu/
- Cosmology@Home: http://www.cosmologyathome.org/
- The blog used the iconic-one template available in the WordPress theme store.
IDRACK: Landing page
- The current landing page is modified. The original template is available here: https://startbootstrap.com/template-overviews/creative/